Aussie In Seoul

Well here is the deal. I am Australian and just moved to Seoul with my wife to work in a 5 star hotel. I hope to share some of my thoughts and comments over the Years I am here!

Monday, June 06, 2005

Last Saturday is a distant memory thanks to 9 days of non-stop action. As I really my initial hour was spent waiting for my bags in the airport, being greeted by an over zealous hotel employee at the airport, and in seconds loaded into a great limousine, and whisked away.

Suddenly I was peering out of the car's windows into the evening sky, radiated by the millions of lights of the distance towns and cities. Driver told me if there is traffic it will take 2 1/2 hours, so with this sudden news I sunk back in the seat for a long ride to Seoul!

One hour 40 minutes later his estimation was thankfully off by 50 minutes and we entered the famous Grand InterContinental. I said to myself that I must take the time to observe the hotel as I arrived, but with a fever, aching limbs, and a headache from hell, I put that on the back burner for now.

Within a moment of stopping, the door swung open, and I was greeted by the Duty Manager and Guest relations girl, along with the Doorman, Bellman, and anyone else that had a second to see who their new boss was! I was whisked away again into the lobby, and directly into the elevator, and taken to my room.

The room I was given was a lovely Junior Suite and I have to say a wonderful first impression. But it was the bed that took my attention, and I whispered to it that I will be there soon! I said my goodbye's, shut the door, and finally I was free at last. Quiet ironic as I had just locked myself in my room. What do I do? Sleep, eat, unpack? ............ Well I took the eat option and ordered a club sandwich, water, and a mushroom soup. Within moments it was delivered. I ate what I could and then upheld my promise to the bed, and launched myself into oblivion in my first night in Seoul!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home