Aussie In Seoul

Well here is the deal. I am Australian and just moved to Seoul with my wife to work in a 5 star hotel. I hope to share some of my thoughts and comments over the Years I am here!

Monday, May 22, 2006

Another Game of Golf? Not!

I knew that I was stepping into a huge week this week, with a big report completed today, several meetings this afternoon, and then the tease phone call of the year -

"Simon, so you know there is the company yearly golf tournament on Thursday"

me - "what are you talking about?"

"you know the yearly tournament where we invite our major clients. Its all day Thursday"

long pause......... " You didn't get any emails before now?"

me - " XX you know that I would do almost anything to get on the golf course here in Korea, but you know I have that TQM training Tuesday to Thursday inclusive!"

"oh, sorry, a shame, its going to be a lot of fun!" "Are you shore you cant get out of the training?"

me - " You think the trainer who's come all the way from head office in Singapore will appreciate my excuse that I have to miss the last day of training as I have to play golf?"

"Well, I am sure there will be another chance to play golf"

me - "yeah, thanks XX, you really know how to p.ss me off!"

I was pissed! I could not believe it. After such a great game last week, I could just picture another full day out of the office on the golf course, having a caddy at my beck and call! Anyway, I have to put that past me. Got three days of training from tomorrow, and had to bring home the pre-work tonight!


Have a great week!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home