Aussie In Seoul

Well here is the deal. I am Australian and just moved to Seoul with my wife to work in a 5 star hotel. I hope to share some of my thoughts and comments over the Years I am here!

Monday, November 27, 2006

I saved a man's life

Yes really! It was all so surreal!

Late last week I went on a trip with our housekeeping team and we ended up after a great day at a large Sauna / Spa House. It is like a gym without the fitness stuff and just lots on sauna's, and spa baths (jacuzzis).

So after an hour into our relaxing time I was walking past this jacuzzi and noticed this old Korean man about 75 half submerged in the water with bubbles coming out of his mouth.. Or nose!? What the f***! I took a double take, then looked at the two old men only two meters away from him who were in the same jacuzzi and kind of looked at them like do you see that guy? Is he relaxing or drowning?? They looked at me, then looked at the submerged guy, then looked at me again and said nothing, just gave me this look like oh yeah maybe something is wrong.

So I lean down into the jacuzzi, grab the lifeless man, and with the help of these other two guys pulled his naked body out of the jacuzzi. We placed him on his back, he was convulsing, so I pulled him onto his side and gave him a few slaps on his back and a few litres of water and vomit came out of his nose and mouth. Ok .. he is breathing I thought! Thank god, cause his faced had puke all over it and mouth top mouth was not going to be fun! I checked his pulse and it was high, but he was still unconscious.

By then there was about 20 people standing over this guy and me.... all naked, and just watching. Thankfully a few people had figured out it was a good idea to call an ambulance. So for the next 15 minutes I barked orders at a few guys like get me some cold towels as he was very hot and kept checking his pulse.

Finally the ambulance arrived, and the ambulance guys took him away on a stretcher. I stood up, and I was shaking and dry reaching because of the vomit everywhere. I took a shower, changed, sat in a massage chair and relaxed. A few old men came over and thanked me and that was it. We all got back in our bus, nothing more was said, and I still have no idea even today if the guy was ok.

Surreal right!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home