Aussie In Seoul

Well here is the deal. I am Australian and just moved to Seoul with my wife to work in a 5 star hotel. I hope to share some of my thoughts and comments over the Years I am here!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Only in Korea - President sick of his job.

When I first read this in the Korea Herald, I could not believe it was true. So I asked my co-workers is it true that President Roh thinks his 5 year Presidential term is too long?? Yes they said with a laugh, and moved on to the next subject. WTF! Here is a part of the article -

President Roh Moo hyun yesterday expressed his discontent with the current five year presidential term in a move likely to reignite a political dispute over a possible constitutional amendment.
"The five year presidential term feels too long," he told reporters during a mountain climb to mark his three years in office.


I just don't believe it! Can you imagine the President of a country who is 3 years into a 5 year term says he thinks his contract is too long? Now if someone mentioned that to their boss in the business world, they would be fired, or maybe transfered to butt-hell nowhere!

What suprises me the most is it really has not recieved much more attention. Hell, if my Prime Minister, Johnny Howard said something like this in Australia, heads would roll, and a new election date would be set. Can you imagine if President Bush said this to a bunch of reporters! Whatever context it was made in, I wouldn't want him running my country with comments like this!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home