Aussie In Seoul

Well here is the deal. I am Australian and just moved to Seoul with my wife to work in a 5 star hotel. I hope to share some of my thoughts and comments over the Years I am here!

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Australia Dedication

I thought to myself that this site has to represent more than just our time in Korea. It is a great way to even set up blogs about the countries we are from, the places we have traveled to and lived etc..

So the first dedication is to Australia. Like most people, I am very patriotic about my country and very proud to be Australian. As I have been very fortunate to travel a lot in my life, I know one of the greatest assets I have in my life is having been born in Australia and carrying our wonderful passport. See, until I went to the Middle East for work, little did I realize the traumas so many people have in traveling the world. Even more so, I had several friends who were Palestinian, and they live with no passport. They often had taken up citizenship in other countries like Jordan and Egypt so they could live with more freedom.

Getting back to Australia, I have decided to make this more of a pictorial rather than my verbal rambling. In time I can expand the amount of photos I put on here and I guess information. I hope that those non-Australians who do visit our site do take the opportunity to visit Australia. It is a magnificent country, with so much to offer, from every corner of the continent. We may only have a population of 20 million, but we sure do kick ass in sports. Enjoy.

Sydney Harbour and the famous Sydney Harbour Bridge that links the north of Sydney and the city.

Sydney Opera House on the foreshore of Sydney Harbour.

Manly Beach. Take a Ferry over from Circular Quay and walk the esplanade to the beach.

The twelve apostle's on the South coast of Victoria. Actually one just fell into the ocean a month ago! About 2 hours drive from Melbourne.

The great Ayers Rock. Located near Alice Springs in the centre of Australia. A historical landmark in Australia, which is sacred grounds for the aboriginals of Australia. Should never be walked on as a sign of respect for the ancestors of this country.

Koala! Beautiful to look at, hard to spot in the wild, and if you get a chance to hold one, do so.

Kangaroo. Are tame in the sanctuary of a zoo, but don't corner one in the wild!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 8:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey very cool site. Good to hear everything is going fine. Joe is going to be in Hong Kong this week. I wish I could of made the trip with him but I was not notified in time. I bet he is going to visit you. Have fun and catch you guys on my next trip that way. It may be very soon.
    Ciao, Ronald

     

Post a Comment

<< Home