Aussie In Seoul

Well here is the deal. I am Australian and just moved to Seoul with my wife to work in a 5 star hotel. I hope to share some of my thoughts and comments over the Years I am here!

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Finally a new Home

It has taken over two months but finally this week we were able to move out of our hotel room and into our Villa apartment. Can you imagine it was May 18th when we had the freight people come to our apartment in Melbourne and take all our stuff away to be shipped to Korea. Since then we have lived out of three suitcases until finally this past Monday, the 1st of August we received our 1100kg of freight in our new apartment and could finally sleep in our own bed!

So this past week we have slowly turned our apartment into a home. But I should mention most of the work has been done by Clariza and also have to say the guys from the hotel helping us have been outstanding at getting everything set up for us. We are very lucky in the hotel as most people speak English, but in the day to day life everything is done in Korean obviously and I would have not know where to begin. Turning the Gas on, electricity, A/c installation, telephone line, Satellite TV, broadband, water supplier, locksmith etc.. So all week we have had a host of people marching in and out of the apartment helping to turn it into life.

The team at the hotel are keen for a house warming party so I promised them it will happen soon. Last night we had a big night out with the boss and my front office and guest relations team. We went to a great Korean BBQ place and continued to drink ourselves into a drunken stupor! As most of my friends know I rarely drink, and if I do I just drink beer and sometimes when, but last night I drank countless shots of Soju! Man did I drink too much. By 9.30pm I was finished, so I dragged myself into a taxi and went home. When I got home I think Clariza quiet enjoyed my drunken state and seemed to find it quiet comical! Oh well, I sure was not laughing this morning with a piercing headache, and that typical hangover attitude that everything is too much. So I lay on the sofa all morning and finally this afternoon I have dragged myself out of the apartment and down to the hotel to drop of our dirty laundry and charge the mobile phone. We don't have a washing machine until the 15th so until then we have the wonderful laundry department of the Grand InterContinental to clean our clothes. Oh how lucky are we!

Nothing else to report on this week except we discovered a shopping place called KIM's Club. This place has everything and is huge. I recommend it for sure.

until next time....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home