Aussie In Seoul

Well here is the deal. I am Australian and just moved to Seoul with my wife to work in a 5 star hotel. I hope to share some of my thoughts and comments over the Years I am here!

Saturday, October 08, 2005

A week passes in seconds

This past Monday was supposed to be a holiday, but as it so happened the hotel was bursting at the seems, so I had the pleasure of hanging out at work all day! Had a great lunch though in our Marco Polo restaurant in the KITA building next door. Our Chef makes the best Mediterranean food I have had in a long long time. As the restaurant is on the 51st floor, the views are amazing.

Anyway the rest of the week followed suit, busy as hell, and no slowing down. Nice that the hotel is busy after refurbing 12 floors now in the hotel and 16 to go!

Highlights - My bank, down in the COEX shopping centre was Korean First Bank, but overnight it is now Standard & Chartered Bank, with the KFB name stuck in tiny font on the bottom. I had a moment of panic when I went to the bank as saw how the signs had changed, but all the staff are the same.

Highlights - Near the TGIF in the Coex Shopping centre there is a Candy store that also sells foreign goods. Even has Australian Cadbury Chocolate! Also in the basement section of Hyundai Shopping centre they have also set up a little foreign goods section of food.

Clariza and I had a nice dinner in the Grand Kitchen on Thursday evening. This is the buffet restaurant on the B1 level. One of the most extensive buffets around, with a dessert buffet to die for. Love the chocolate fountain! We then went up and met the new Filipino band in the Hunters Tavern. They hadn't started playing yet but went and said hi anyway. Also there is a new Jazz trio in our lobby lounge from South Africa. The guy on the Saxaphone is fantastic. Well worth a visit if your n the neighbourhood.

Ok, its Saturday, and I am resting at home as have a slight headache from a night out with the staff. Korean BBQ house, followed by Noribang! I sang the first two songs before most people got there, so I did my part! Next Monday, we have our annual Spring Picnic for the Front Office Department. Next posting I will give the details, but I think its going to get ugly!!!

Take care everyone!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 12:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    An Ignoble Nobel?:
    Posted Friday, Oct. 7, 2005, at 2:18 PM PT A new Nobel laureate for peace has bloggers in an uproar.
    Find out how you can buy and sell anything, like things related to music on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like music!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home