Aussie In Seoul

Well here is the deal. I am Australian and just moved to Seoul with my wife to work in a 5 star hotel. I hope to share some of my thoughts and comments over the Years I am here!

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Weather is Changing

After a very hot and humid summer, this week saw lots of rain, followed by cooler weather. It is actually very nice weather at the moment, not hot, not cold. My walk to work at 730am is perfect, but I can only imagine what it will be like in the heart of winter. Their is one street I walk down now when I go to work that has rather a sharp decline. When I walked down it the other day with a friend he was telling me there is know way I will be able to walk down it in winter as it will be so icy and you will just fall over. He said the cars are parking on the hill now, but with great difficulty in the winter, if at all.

Anyway our week has been good, since it was a 4 day work week. Boss is on a business trip, hotel is really busy, and everyone is in a good mood at work. I really like when the hotel is busy and this week has been no exception. The next three weeks we are going to be full, so all hands on deck!

My company, just announced that we will be managing three new InterContinental Hotel Resorts in Thailand. One on PhiPhi Island, on in Phuket, and one of the island of Koh Samui. The owner also owns the Holiday Inn Phi Phi Island where my friend and collegue is GM. This is very exciting news. They should open late 2007! Thailand here I come! (In my dreams). Our company is really on a role in Asia at the moment. In the last few months we have opened hotels in China, Malaysia, Philippines, and Thailand, with so many more to come. This is why I stay in this industry and why I am so glad I am working with this coming. Hoteliers seem to jump ship a lot, but I really want to make my mark with our company.

Clariza finally got a mobile phone in Korea yesterday after dragging my PA out for a few hours to do all the interpreting. I am glad she has a mobile now. Seoul and Korea is a very safe place, but it is comforting to know she has a mobile for emergencies. Clariza has also been exploring the web to try find some courses to do online. We should find something soon.

Well it is Saturday, and I am loving my day off. Tonight we should go out for a nice dinner somewhere. Thanks for keeping in touch.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 1:43 pm, Blogger Jelly said…

    Hi! I'm sorry you're getting SPAMMED! I just found your blog via your post on Lost Nomad's site. I hope you have a great time in Korea, and when I get up to Seoul, I want to come visit your hotel, because it looks really nice!

     
  • At 10:18 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oh, I hate junk mail!!!
    Hey Simon, looks like Thailand is looking very promising! Just got back from staying at the new CP at karon Beach...nice. Also caught up with John Searby there too.
    Stick with it matey, its the stayers who are players!
    All the best to Clariza, enjoy those spur of the moment dinners for two ... right now I have to go and talk to a certain 2 year old about the difference between paper and walls when it comes to using his crayons..the joys!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home