Aussie In Seoul

Well here is the deal. I am Australian and just moved to Seoul with my wife to work in a 5 star hotel. I hope to share some of my thoughts and comments over the Years I am here!

Saturday, September 03, 2005

New Orleans Disaster


Hurricane Katrina!

I think the Hurricane is long gone now, but was has happened since then is the most tragic and devastating thing I have ever seen.................. in America.

Is this a wake up call to the Americans?, or should I say the American Government? I don't know about everyone else, but sitting back watching CNN over the last few days has just overwhelmed me. Bureaucratic runaround, everyone pointing fingers at each other, everyone telling everyone what should have been done, but still nothing is been done. I think they got troops quicker to Iraq than they did to New Orleans.

I just cant understand how the so called most powerful country in the world, can just sit around and watch the devastation unfold right in front of their eyes! And again I direct this to the government. I am sure people all over the USA are sitting back also watching this and I hope also angry about how this is being handled by their government. It sends you to tears seeing these old people and small children just sitting there in the streets with no food, no shelter, no water, and no f....kn safety or security. Sure there are some heroes down there trying to do their best, especially in the hospitals, but why didn't they send the military in earlier????

All I can say is I cant believe this has happened in America, and I hope this is a wake up call to the US government to start taking care of their own rather than everyone else.

I lived in the States for 8 years and so many of my dear friends are American. So I hope they understand my feelings right now is not against the people rather the government and the way this has been handled. I just hope the people of Louisiana are taken care off, are able to go home soon and start re-building their lives. But reality is, life will never be the same for them. I send my sympathy to them and pray for their strength to continue.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home